I’m glad to announce, that O!MPD 1.01 has been released 🙂 You can get it form download page.
- added possibility of arrange tracks in Now Playing and Favorites
- added ‘Recently played albums’ on start page
- added start page display options (section ‘Start page display options’ in configuration file)
- added ‘Crop’ to Now Playing commands
- added ‘Insert into playlist’ and ‘Insert and play’ to album commands in album view
- added ‘Quick play’ and ‘Quick add’ to album mini-covers (settable in configuration file)
- added some ‘Media statistics’ (section ‘Playtime’)
- added total time of Now Playing playlist
- clicking the big play icon in album view now plays album and redirects to Now Playing
- improved update procedure
- better support for streams and tracks not uploaded to MySQL database
- O!MPD now uses PHP MySQLi extension instead of MySQL
- some performance improvements
- fixed bugs
If you install O!MPD for the 1st time, just follow instructions from here.
Upgrade from version 1.0
Rename old ompd directory to eg. ompd-1.0 and copy new version to your www root dir. You can use your previous include/config.inc.php file (from version 1.0) but you need to modify it a little bit. There is one important change in section
MySQL configuration: string
mysql has been replaced with
mysqli, so you need to change it in your existing file.
There are also some new settings – they are between
NEW IN O!MPD 1.01 and
END OF NEW IN O!MPD 1.01 . You can copy it from new config file to your previous one and set desired values.
Or you can just edit new config file.
Remember about setting write access to dirs:
Your existing MySQL database will be used, so you don’t have to worry about things like player configuration, users, etc. (unless you change value of
$cfg['mysqli_db'] – then new database will be created).
After configuration is done, open
http://www-server-IP-address/ompd/index.php just like in previous version. If everything is OK, you should now see O!MPD v1.01.
I’d like to thank all of you, who use or try O!MPD. And special thanks for those of you, who helped me find and fix bugs, add new features, find inspiration for new ones and make O!MPD better: Lukáš Mrtvý, Axel, engine, Andrew Ness, Bart, George Breeze, Jonathan, James Udiljak, Matthew. Thank you guys!
I hope you like new version of O!MPD. Feel free to leave your comment or write to me at email@example.com.
Best regards from Poland!