I’m glad to announce, that O!MPD 1.06 has been released 🙂 You can get it form download page.
- added support for TIDAL direct play (play TIDAL with any version of MPD)
- added support for TIDAL user playlists
- added YouTube results in artist view and search (settable in config.inc.php)
- added support for internet radio covers (settable in config.inc.php)
- added default login option
- added possibility to login using URL (login.php)
- added support for PWA (Progressive Web App)
- added new skin (darker)
- improved TIDAL support (python API replaced with PHP API – works much faster)
- improved Favorites – mixed lists (streams and local files) are allowed
- improved Favorites – tracks from Tidal and YouTube now can be added to Favorites
- fixed bugs
If you install O!MPD for the 1st time, just follow instructions from here.
Upgrade from previous versions
Rename old ompd directory to eg. ompd-old and copy new version to your www root dir.
If you upgrade from v1.05 you can use your previous include/config.inc.php file, but you need to modify it a little bit. There are some new settings – they are in section between
NEW IN O!MPD 1.06 and
END OF NEW IN O!MPD 1.06. You can copy it from new config file to your previous one and set desired values.
If you upgrade from older versions I’d recommend to edit new config file (include/config.inc.php).
Remember about setting write access to dirs:
Your existing MySQL database will be used, so you don’t have to worry about things like player configuration, users, etc. (unless you change value of
$cfg['mysqli_db'] – then new database will be created).
After configuration is done, open
http://www-server-IP-address/ompd/index.php just like in previous versions. If everything is OK, you should now see O!MPD v1.06.
I’d like to thank all of you, who use or try O!MPD. And special thanks for those of you, who helped me find and fix bugs, add new features, find inspiration for new ones and make O!MPD better: othmar52, brendan-pike, eoli3n, bamyasi, marcbth, hardheid, ffatgit, maartenlangeveld, owl770, hanspu, kostea67, nonplusnl, Julien Borle, Eric Esbelin, Paul Geller, Fritz Hildebrand, paradix, Rami Bachar, Ivan Adzhubey, Michael J. O’Donnell, kswanson654. Thank you guys!
I hope you like new version of O!MPD. Feel free to leave your comment or write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best regards from Poland!