I’m glad to announce, that O!MPD 1.03 has been released 🙂 You can get it form download page.
- added ability to play any track/folder www server has access to (i.e. files outside of MPD and O!MPD database) on any MPD in network
- added multi-genre support
- added STYLE tag support
- added file browser
- added ability to update selected directory only (no need to do full update when adding single albums)
- added ability to update album directly from Album view
- added artist list in library
- added sort by ‘Add time’ in search results
- added display of multi-disc in album view
- added grouping of multi-disc albums in album search results
- added display of other versions of album
- added list of favorite tracks in artist search results
- added possibility to use more than one file name for album cover
- added random play from directory
- fixed bugs
If you install O!MPD for the 1st time, just follow instructions from here.
Upgrade from previous versions
Rename old ompd directory to eg. ompd-old and copy new version to your www root dir.
If you upgrade from v1.02 you can use your previous include/config.inc.php file, but you need to modify it a little bit. There are some new settings – they are in section between
NEW IN O!MPD 1.03 and
END OF NEW IN O!MPD 1.03. You can copy it from new config file to your previous one and set desired values.
If you upgrade from older versions I’d recommend to edit new config file (include/config.inc.php).
Remember about setting write access to dirs:
Your existing MySQL database will be used, so you don’t have to worry about things like player configuration, users, etc. (unless you change value of
$cfg['mysqli_db'] – then new database will be created).
After configuration is done, open
http://www-server-IP-address/ompd/index.php just like in previous versions. If everything is OK, you should now see O!MPD v1.03.
I’d like to thank all of you, who use or try O!MPD. And special thanks for those of you, who helped me find and fix bugs, add new features, find inspiration for new ones and make O!MPD better: othmar52, brendan-pike, eoli3n, daeavelwyn, dseomn, kannibalox, HaikuZen, David Mandelberg, Dan. Thank you guys!
I hope you like new version of O!MPD. Feel free to leave your comment or write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best regards from Poland!